Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Moxies - Cleveland (June 19/14)

"What's going on here?"
"Oh, it's a pop-up festival" the beer vendor replied cheerfully.
"Right but.. why?"
"Just for people to enjoy Cleveland."

Sounds simply like a great idea to me. Especially when you've got a super talented young band playing in the evening hours. I hesitate to mention that they were local because they weren't super-talented for being local but they earn that accolade all on their own. What hacks can pull of not just a reasonable but a mad-decent rendition of Foxy Lady? They were by no means just a talented cover band though with well-written and well-performed songs including the chorus "they call me lightning, they call me little man" and the fan-favourite Trouble. Plus they showed an affable poise and likability in their stage presence beyond their years, probably not a combined 60 between the three. The small crowd was enjoying it, especially the kid who did the worm for about a minute straight. I overstayed my self-imposed time and had to drag myself away before they finished to catch the opener for Beck - and I regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment