Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Field Trip '14 - Interpol - Fort York (June 7)

My expectations weren't through the roof for Interpol as I'd really only listened to the Slow Hands album (Antics) for which they were celebrating a decade passed. I put it back on before the show and it did come back to me but did not overwhelm. The show was similar. The New York quintet played more than adequately, with their distinctive vocalist holding it down but I wasn't totally won over. Granted that I was standing at the sound booth and from there, being the closing night show they just appeared as backlit silhouettes before the strobing purples and blues. It was neat that the sound guy went literal during Turn on the Bright Lights though. The set ended with exactly a half hour to go for the foregone encore that featured another few, which came across to these apathetic ears as more of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment