Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hannah Georgas unimpresses (Juno Block Party, March 24)

Hannah Georgas created a catchy, quirky and diverse album in This is Good. Unfortunately as the set opened with a very weak, slow song I was worried that it wouldn't translate live at all. And perhaps it was the foot-numbing cold but song two didn't help much either. A smart call to break out cutesy first single, Bang Bang You're Dead, but with a muffled chorus even this fell flat. 
"Hannah, I'm trying to enjoy his foray into freezing temps, but I need you to try and cut through it with more than effect keyboard. "
The rest of the set was alright, Chit Chat played well enough, the title track came across though it didn't add anything. The general feeling I had going away from this show was about as weak as the feeling in my frost bitten toes - it did nothin to improve upon the record.


See City & Colour who closed out the night.
See Shad who opened the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment